Saturday, August 22, 2015

At the Farmers Market todays I fund for my Dinner…

Today at Trout Lake was very slow day it like everyone is done with summer 
as we had the hottest Spring and Summer ever

I never see so many Farmers bringing back so much of the work they harvest 
Now Farmers Market have to become more of a Carnival to keep the crow happy.  Unfortunately the wallet of the Clients is the same so instead of purchasing good basic Organic or traditional local farm harvest or artisan foods,  they purchase a coffee then to the food truck, the ice cream truck…and food truck ingredients are often from Cosco or Sisco industrial foods + for the last 2 years we have to make place to wine, Spirit and beer maker
Todays I had so many clients telling me they will love to purchase some of my products but they did not have anymore money.

It is interesting to see the transformation of what was a market for Farmers and food Artisan market is evolving to something els I guest this is part of the evolution. 
Today my Farmer neighbour told me a client ask her what to do with celery????
I have so many clients telling me they do not know how to cook 
So Sad 

Well here is my dinner  plan


 This is my Dinner Quinoa & Lentil cook in the rice cooker with turmeric and black pepper
add 2 faux fish (Vegetarian)  a  tomatoes medley apple cider vinegar, salt + pepper and fresh garlic
I really like catsup I just can't help it  
Not Local, I know(Trader Joe Organic  $1.99) 

 and a fresh fruits salad to finish this meal  plums from my garden  and store bought kiwi  salad dressing  half a squize orange & maple syrup 



No comments: